"Discover the benefits of "plopping" for stunning, frizz-free hair with our expert tips and techniques. Get your best hair yet with plopping."
Are you tired of frizzy, undefined curls? Plopping hair may be the solution you've been searching for. This simple and effective hair-drying technique can transform your curly hair into defined, bouncy locks.
Read More: How to Use Diffuser on Wavy Hair
What is Plopping Hair?
Plopping hair is a method of drying curly hair that involves wrapping your hair in a cloth or towel to encourage curl formation and minimize frizz.
The process involves laying a cloth, such as a t-shirt or a microfiber towel, flat on a surface, placing your hair on top, and then wrapping the cloth around the hair to form a turban-like shape.
Read More: How to Maintain your Healthy Hair?
Why use Plopping Hair?
Plopping hair has several benefits for curly hair. It helps to:
- Encourage curl formation
- Minimize frizz
- Prevent hair damage from rough towel drying
- Enhance volume and definition
- Reduce the need for styling products
Read More: Top 10 Arabic Hairstyles in 2023
How to Plop Hair?
Here is a full and simple guide on how to plop your hair:
- Wash and condition your hair as usual, making sure to use a product that is specifically formulated for curly hair.
- Squeeze out excess water from your hair, but don't rough towel dry.
- Lay a cloth, such as a t-shirt or a microfiber towel, flat on a surface.
- Place your hair on top of the cloth, spreading it out evenly.
- Fold the top of the cloth over your hair, tucking it behind your neck.
- Fold the sides of the cloth over your hair, wrapping it tightly to create a turban-like shape.
- Allow your hair to air dry completely while plopping, which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours.
Read More: Hair Curler Machine Complete Guide
Tips for Plopping Hair:
- Use a microfiber towel or t-shirt instead of a traditional bath towel to minimize friction and prevent hair damage.
- For maximum definition, use a hair gel or mousse before plopping.
- Avoid using heat tools, such as a hair dryer, while plopping as it can disrupt the curl formation process.
- Experiment with different plopping techniques, such as leaving your hair wrapped for longer or using a larger cloth, to find what works best for your hair type.
Read More: How to prevent Hair Fall in UAE?
What to Do after Plopping your Hair?
After plopping your hair, there are a few steps you can take to enhance your curls and maintain their definition. These include:
- Leave the cloth on until your hair is completely dry. Depending on the thickness and length of your hair, this might take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours.
- Once your hair is dry, gently remove the cloth and shake out your curls. Avoid rough handling, as this can disrupt the curl formation and cause frizz.
- Scrunch your curls to enhance their definition and add volume. You can do this by gently scrunching the ends of your hair toward your scalp.
- Apply light-hold products, such as curl-defining cream or mousse, to enhance your curls and reduce frizz. Make sure to apply the product evenly and avoid over-styling, which can weigh down your curls.
- If desired, you can use a diffuser attachment on your hair dryer to enhance your curls and add volume. Make sure to use a low heat setting and avoid over-drying your hair, which can cause damage.
- Once your hair is styled, avoid touching it throughout the day, as this can cause frizz and disrupt the curl formation. If necessary, you light-hold product to touch up your curls and reduce frizz.
- By following these steps after plopping your hair, you can enjoy defined, bouncy curls that last all day.
Read More: Benefits of Neem for Hair?
Plopping hair is a simple and effective method for achieving defined, bouncy curls. By using the proper technique and tips, you can enjoy gorgeous, frizz-free curls every time.
You Might Also Like: